Red Bull M.E.O. Cricket Invitational to take place on 16th December at Andheri Sports Complex in Mumbai engaging the esports and cricket audience with a fun event which will be live-streamed on Red Bull Game On (YouTube Channel) where viewers get to see their favourite e-gamers in the rawest state, playing a game of box cricket.
The winners of the Red Bull M.E.O. Season 5 WCC (World Cricket Championship) will be a part of the cricket match, and the toss for the cricket match will take place on WCC 3. The winner and the runner-up of the Red Bull M.E.O. Season 5 WCC play a single overwatch on WCC 3 and the winner of the in-game match, win the toss, and the captain elects to bat or bowl.
Red Bull M.E.O., a global competitive celebration of the mobile gaming scene, found its national champions at the national final on Sunday 20th November at the picturesque Sunder Nursery, a 16th-century marvel and the capital’s first-ever arboretum. Some of India’s top esports teams came face to face to battle it out across three titles: Pokémon UNITE, Clash of Clans and World Cricket Championship 3. The winners of each of the titles will experience a Formula 1 Grand Prix live.
Hyderabad’s Rachakonda Sai Kumar emerged champion against Ujjwal Sharma from Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh in a thrilling encounter. A total of 96 players qualified for the playoffs after 48 days of daily qualifiers starting from 16th September to 2nd November which were played on both WCC 2 and WCC3. The playoffs took place between the 8th to 11th of November. The top 2 players progressed to the India Finale.
On the 16th of December, 2 teams of the top 8 gaming content creators lead by Red Bull Players Ankit ‘V3nom’ Panth and Ujjawal Chaurasia Aka Techno Gamerz, will play box cricket at Andheri Sports Complex, 2.30 PM onwards.
Team Selection & Rules:
No of teams – 2
Captain: Red Bull Player Ankit ‘V3nom’ Panth
Captain: Red Bull Player Ujjawal Chaurasia Aka Techno Gamerz
No of players in the team: 8
The rules are as follows:
- Each team is made up of 8 players.
- The bowler must bowl 6 legal deliveries to constitute an over.
- The game will have two umpires standing at either end of the wicket. The umpires make decisions on whether the batsmen are out after an appeal and also check that the bowler has bowled a legal delivery.
- All umpire decisions are final, there are no reviews.
- A batsman can be given out by either being bowled ( the ball hitting their stumps), caught (the fielder catches the ball without it bouncing), Leg Before Wicket (the ball hits the batsmen’s pads impeding its line into the stumps), stumped (the wicket-keeper strikes the stumps with their gloves whilst the batsmen is outside of their crease with the ball in hand), hit wicket (the batsmen hits their own wicket), Handled ball ( the batsmen handles the cricket ball on purpose), timed out (the player fails to reach the crease within 30 seconds of the previous batsmen leaving the field), hit the ball twice (batsmen hits the cricket ball twice with their bat) and obstruction ( the batsmen purposely prevents the fielder from getting the ball).
- The scores are then cumulative and the team with the most runs after each innings are the winner.
- The fielding team must have one designated wicket-keeper who is the only person allowed to wear pads and gloves on the field. The wicket-keeper stands behind the opposite end to the bowler to catch the ball.
o Ankit Pant (captain)
o Rachakonda Sai Kumar – WCC winner of Red Bull M.E.O. Season 5
· TEAM BLUE
o Techno Gamerz (captain)
o Rachit Roo
o Ujjwal Sharma – WCC Runner-up of Red Bull M.E.O. Season 5