From Ludo Club and Magic Swap Puzzle to strategy games like PUBG Mobile and Garena Free Fire, online gaming has come a long way in the last few years. It would come as no surprise then that over 900 million people across the globe engage with games on Facebook every month! In India, mobile gaming has skyrocketed and more and more gamers and gaming creators now think of it as a viable career option. In fact, Facebook Gaming is fast becoming a hub for content creators from beyond the metros, democratising entertainment for all across India. Today’s gamers are no longer restricted to the stereotypes we’ve often seen in the mainstream media, and are creating engaging content for both gamers and viewers in languages that they identify with most closely.
Right from an adorable father-son duo to unconventional women gamers, here are 5 gaming creators that we recommend you follow on Facebook instantly!
1. RogStream, aka Aparna Shukla or Annie from Kanpur, UP, is India’s biggest Facebook Gaming female creator with over 2.2 million followers. Starting off as any other enthusiastic mobile game player, RogStream switched to streaming on her brother’s recommendation and is not looking back today. She loves to spend time with her viewers on her stream and believes in building a huge and supportive community in the gaming ecosystem. RogStream maximised her reach by streaming on Facebook and was able to reach a wider audience and harness continuous growth towards her dream of growing her entourage!
2. PunjabiGamer63 is an adorable father-son duo of Chamkaur Singh and Karanveer Singh from Kharar, Punjab, who stream games together in Punjabi. Peppered with father-son bonding, strategy and life lessons, the duo was motivated to start streaming after Karanveer’s suggestion. An avid gamer himself, Chamkaur Singh has passed on his passion to his son, and also learnt new tricks and was motivated to take gaming more seriously thanks to the young master. PunjabiGamer63 also employs a gamified approach to education to learn maths, English and reach a diverse audience.
3. Bagha, a Bengali creator from Howrah, West Bengal, has overcome not just loss but also found himself in a journey of self-discovery and employed the same positivity from his experiences into his streaming! Otherwise known as Bodhisatta Banerjee, Bagha today has over 183,000 followers on Facebook. Chit-chatting and having fun, Bagha’s stream is full of great conversations about the gaming industry and its advancements, life lessons and experiences to help his viewers overcome obstacles and be themselves.
4. MysticIgnite is a Facebook Gaming creator from Guwahati with over 67,000 followers. Kangkana Talukdar believes in female empowerment and building a great gaming community. Attributing her own development to streaming which she started two years ago, MysticIgnite is now motivated to stream every day for her viewers and represent her city on a global platform.
5. Mr&MrsOp, a quirky husband-wife duo from Bijnor in UP, is taking the internet by storm with their favourite bonding exercise: game streaming! With a reach of over 403,000 viewers, the love and support of their audience keep this couple going. Motivated to build a career in streaming, Gagan and Aparna are giving all couples some serious life goals to achieve.