Gaming Laptop brand, ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG), announced the beginning of the 6th edition of ROG Academy. Season 6 will continue to focus on VALORANT, a leading esports game. Registrations for the sixth season commence on Friday, 1st July 2022, and close on Sunday, 10th July 2022.
With competitive esports now enjoyed by millions of players all over the world, there’s never been a better time to celebrate talented as well as budding gamers. The last season saw talent from across the country and witnessed a great deal of participation for VALORANT wing to the game’s engaging gameplay and ease of compatibility with ROG devices. The program is aimed at paving way for the next generation of industry best gamers from India by giving them access to resources, mentorship, and training from veterans in the esports circuit and subsequently elevate the current gaming ecosystem in India. As part of the training, ASUS ROG will equip all participants with necessary gear and products such as tournament-ready gaming equipment and best-in-class high-quality technology. ROG Academy is for all budding gamers 16 years and above who can participate by just using Official ROG Website.
Speaking on the announcement, Arnold Su, Business Head, Consumer and Gaming PC, System Business Group, ASUS India, said “We received a massive reception for all the past editions of ROG Academy, and we are up for the next one, which is bigger and better. The previous season’s participants helped gaming enthusiasts channel their talent and gave us a deep insight into the gaming ecosystem while creating high decibel engagement amongst the players. We aim to contribute to the growing gaming industry in the country and further strengthen ASUS footprint amongst the existing as well as potential gaming enthusiasts.”
This season, ROG Academy will continue its partnership with Vikrant “Hacker” Pujari as the coach and mentor of the players from the last season. Season 6 will also have visiting mentors from Global Esports teams to help players with a new perspective as well as equip them with tips and tricks around esports.
Curriculum & Duration:
ASUS ROG Academy is a year-long program, divided into four seasons as per the quarter, aimed at establishing and developing the esports community in India. This season, the curriculum is designed in partnership with AFK Gaming, one of India’s most recognized tournament organizers of VALORANT.
The shortlisted team and players will go through an extensive selection process divided into different phases. This will culminate in 6 select players becoming part of a 3-month long program designed to familiarize the players with the various aspects of gameplay at eminent levels to master the techniques of teamwork, communication, analyzing the opponents, tracking improvement, agent selection, and skillsets, map breakdown, execute and more. The exercises, schedule, and entire program will be specifically designed keeping in mind the title and the existing skillsets of the players who will be a part of it.
Rewards & Outcome from the training:
The Sixth Season of the ROG Academy will witness “VALORANT” as the official title as we continue our journey to discover India’s most talented players. The panelists will consist of a representative from ASUS ROG, partners, and VALORANT. The players will receive monetary compensation of INR 15,000 as a stipend on monthly basis during the training. Also, the 6 players will continue to represent the brand for additional 3 months while participating in any tournaments or events post completing 3 months training program successfully.
How to Apply: ROG Academy
- Aspiring gamers and gaming enthusiasts aged 16 and above can participate in the program and register themselves on the Official ROG Website from 1st July 2022 onwards. Gamers aged between 16 to 18 need to provide a consent letter from their parents to participate in the academy
- During the registration process, applicants will answer some key questions on the online form that will help Asus determine the type of player they are
- Application Test – All the applicants first must fill out a form, which will gauge their understanding of the game, what role they played and what their behavior is like as a player.
- Theory Test – Here, testing situational awareness and decision-making by putting the players on the spot in a tough situation.
- Range Test – In this round, the players will be tested for their shooting skills by giving multiple challenges. We put the range bots on hard mode and asked the players to get as high of a score as possible
- Scrims – Lastly, monitor their gameplay, listen to their communication, and figure out who’s the best fit for which role.